Friday 29 March 2013

Product Research: The Beach

Danny Boyle has become my favourite person of 2013. After watching Trance, I came home and watched Danny Boyle's film The Beach which I had never bothered to watch when I saw it came on TV but, thanks to the heavens of technology, Netflix had the film. The film had excellent music which always seemed appropriate for the situation even though it was upbeat, Boyle challenges the stereotype of the tense situations with low-beat orchestral music. Boyle always uses upbeat music, from The Beach (2000) to Trance (2013). 
A recurring motif in Boyle's films is that he always does the unexpected when you expect the expected.
By just watching his films it has taught me to make a great opening it does not need a lot, all you can have is the character and a voice-over, and that will have the effect on the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment